- Fingerprinting services by the Criminal Records Unit will be provided by appointment only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please call (804) 501-4809 Mon.-Frin, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. to schedule an appointment.
- Evidence property releases will be provided by appointment only on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please call (804) 501-4793 Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., to schedule an appointment.
- To request an Incident Report, Accident Report or Criminal Background Check, please call (804) 501-4810, Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Requests will be fulfilled electronically or via US Postal Service.
The Henrico Police Animal Shelter will be accessible by appointment only until further notice. Residents may contact the shelter at (804) 727-8807, Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. to schedule the release, redemption or adoption of an animal. Animals available for adoption can be viewed online at petfinder.com or adoptapet.com.
Additionally, the Henrico Police Villa Park Substation (7850 Villa Park Drive, Henrico) and Fair Oaks Substation (561 EastPark Court, Sandston) are closed to the general public, however, call boxes at the main door to each facility are available should you need assistance.
As a reminder, we are asking the public to only use 9-1-1 for emergencies and (804) 501-5000 for non-emergencies. For general inquiries and questions, please call (804) 501-4800, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Alarm Security System Registration – Commercial - Henrico County's Alarm Ordinance requires registration of security alarm systems for businesses and residences.
- Alarm Security System Registration – Residential - Henrico County's Alarm Ordinance requires registration of security alarm systems for businesses and residences.
- Alarm-False Alarm Bill Payment - Pay your bill for a false alarm fee or reinstate emergency response to your security alarm at your business or residence.
- Child Safety Seat Check-up - By appointment only, learn from the experts about correct child safety seat installation and more.
- Community Policing - Learn more about Henrico Police Community Services section, its Community Policing unit and who your community officer is.
- Fingerprints - Get fingerprinted for employment or any other need dictated by law except for Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) purposes.
- Hire an Off-duty Police Officer - Submit a request to hire an off-duty officer for your event, program, religious facility, business, traffic direction, etc.
- Home or Business Security Audit - You may request a free Security Audit of your home or business to learn how to make it more secure and to prevent crime.
- Permit – Adult Business - An Adult Business Permit is required to open an adult oriented/adults only business in Henrico County.
- Permit – Block Party - If you want to hold a block party in your neighborhood, a permit is required.
- Permit – Dance Hall - Dance Hall Permit Application
- Permit – Parade/Marathon - Parade or Marathon Permit Application
- Permit – Pawnbroker - To become a pawnbroker in Henrico County, you must meet certain requirements and get a permit.
- Permit – Precious Metals and Gems Dealer - Precious Metals and Gems Dealer Permit Application
- Permit – Retired Henrico Police Officer Concealed Weapons Renewal - Retired Henrico Police Officer Concealed Weapons Permit Renewal Application
- Permit – Taxi - Taxi Driver Permit and/or Taxicab Owner Permit
- Permit/License – Automatic Weapons - Applications must be obtained from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. The Division of Police only assists by conducting a local investigation.
- Rabies Vaccination for Domestic Animals - Have your pet vaccinated at one of our four clinics held annually.
- Report Criminal Fraud in Henrico
- Shared Mobility Device Permit - The demonstration project places certain restrictions on the operation and renting of these devices in order to ensure the safety of County residents.
- Business Watch Program - A working partnership between local businesses and Henrico Police, the goal of Business Watch is to reduce crime in and around the workplace as well as in the community.
- Citizens and Senior Citizens Police Academy - Have you ever wondered what it's like to be the person behind the badge? Enroll in one of our Citizens Police Academies to find out!
- Community Presentations - You may request an officer or crime prevention specialist to speak at or attend your next meeting or event. We offer a variety of topics and programs to choose from.
- Emergency and Non-Emergency Communications Education Program - Learn about Henrico County's non-emergency and emergency (911) communications center and the Communications Officer profession.
- Faith Community Coalition - The Faith Community Coalition is a crime prevention program designed for those mainly in the administrative level in Henrico's faith community, but all are welcome.
- Fuzz Buddy Program - Donate a new stuffed animal to support this program.
- Henrico Police Apartment Coalition (HPAC) - The Police Division invites all multi-family housing community managers and owners to join HPAC.
- Henrico Police Athletic League (PAL) - Support, join, or volunteer for this program that serves Henrico County youths in grades K-12.
- Law Enforcement Explorers Program - This Learning for Life program, a subsidiary of the Boy Scouts of America, is for all youths age 14 to 21.
- Neighborhood Watch - Join Neighborhood Watch to become part of this citizen-police crime fighting partnership.
- Senior Services - The Police Division offers several services and programs to seniors to help keep them safe from becoming targets of the latest crime or scam.
- Victim / Witness Assistance Program - If you have been the victim of a crime or have witnessed a crime, your participation in the criminal justice process is important. The legal process, frequently long and complicated, often fails to address the unique needs of victims. However, our advocates are available to make sure that these needs are addressed.
- Volunteers in Policing (VIPs) - Volunteer opportunities are available with the Police Division from administrative to motorist assistance.
- Youth Police Academy - One week each summer, Henrico County students, ages 15-17, can experience what it's like to be a Henrico Police Officer in the Henrico Youth Police Academy.
- Business and Commercial Services - Henrico Police provides support to business owners through Community Officers, programs, and resources.
- Child Victim Investigations: Navigating the Unthinkable - Detailed steps and information on what to expect, in general, during the course of an investigation in which a child is victimized.
- Community Resource Guide - View this Community Resource Guide to find out how you can help resolve quality of life issues that affect you, your family, and your neighborhood.
- Compliment a Henrico Police Officer/Employee - Formally compliment a Henrico Police Officer or Employee
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) - Learn how the Division applies CPTED principles to new and existing development in Henrico County to increase safety and help prevent crime.
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) - Crisis Intervention Team is a community partnership bringing together first responders and area stakeholders for the common goals of safety, understanding, and caring for the needs of the mentally ill and their families.
- Exotic Animals - Henrico follows state law regulations regarding exotic animals.
- File Complaint Against Police Officer/Employee - File a formal complaint against the Henrico County Police Division, an officer or employee.
- LGBTQ Liaison - The liaison is an open minded, fair, and impartial officer who develops working partnerships with members of this diverse community and is available for them to contact should the need arise.
- Police Reports/Records - The Criminal Records Unit provides a variety of records, which are available to the public.
- Rape and Sexual Assault Investigations: Navigating the Unthinkable - Detailed steps and information of what to expect, in general, during the course of a rape or sexual assault investigation.
- Search Arrest Charge Reports - Search the arrest reports.
- Search Calls for Service Reports - Search for all Calls for Dispatch.
- Search Incident Crime Reports - Find out where crimes have been reported in Henrico County.
- Traffic Complaints - If you have complaints about motorists that speed through your neighborhood or other traffic safety issues, there are steps you can take to correct these situations.
- Trespassing Enforcement Authorization - This form is used to authorize the Henrico County Police Division to serve as persons lawfully in charge of your property located in the County of Henrico for purposes of enforcing the trespassing laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the County of Henrico, Virginia and forbidding others from trespassing on your property.