STOP-LOCK-LOOK: Don’t make it easy for criminals to steal your valuables.
STOP THIEVES FROM STEALING YOUR PROPERTY.
LOCK YOUR PROPERTY (including your home, vehicles, and tool sheds).
LOOK AT YOUR SURROUNDINGS AND REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY.
Follow these tips to protect your property:
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times.
- Don’t store or leave valuables in your vehicle, especially computers/tablets/iPads, smart phones, GPS devices, purses and wallets.
- Don’t store any identification cards/papers in your vehicle that could be used to steal your identity.
- Lock your doors and windows when leaving – even if your just running a quick errand.
- Activate any and all home security features, including alarms, deadbolts, and flood/motion sensor lights.
- Keep tool-sheds and exterior structures locked.
- Record serial numbers of your valuable items.
- Do not keep cash or expensive jewelry in conspicuous places.
Be vigilant. Record descriptions of suspicious persons, vehicles and license plate numbers. Get involved in your Neighborhood Crime Watch.
Report all suspicious activity to Henrico Police. You never know when your call could prevent or solve a crime!
- Non-Emergency: 804.501.5000
- Emergency: 911
- Crime Stoppers: 804.780.1000