Pay Utility Bill
The Henrico Department of Public Utilities bills customers for water and sewer services bi-monthly. You may continue to pay your utility bill as you normally do, or you may choose to use our new Direct Utility Payment Program. This service will automatically deduct utility payments from your bank account, just like a mortgage or car payment, thus saving you the need to send utility payments by mail or making them in person.
Ways to Make Payments
- The Direct Payment Authorization Form must be printed, completed, signed and returned to the indicated address along with a voided check. Once enrolled, utility bills will be mailed showing the new account balance and indicating when the automatic deduction will be made. There is no additional charge for this service.
- Payments may be made by mailing a check or money order with the bottom portion of the utility bill in the return envelope provided with the bill. You must attach proper postage to the return envelope. Payments may also be made in person at the Henrico Administration Annex, 4301 E. Parham Road or at the Henrico Eastern Government Center, 3820 Nine Mile Road. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
- Payments may be made in person at the following locations using cash, checks, debit/credit cards. There is a $2.89 fee for using a credit card. We are unable to accept Visa credit cards at the cashier window.
- Western Government Center – Administration Annex Building, 4301 E Parham Road
- Eastern Government Center – 3820 Nine Mile Road
- You may pay your Henrico County utility bill over the Internet using the Paymentus Customer Portal. Payment options through Paymentus include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card or electronic check. A $2.89 service fee is charged for each utility payment made through Paymentus whether online. To pay online, visit https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/hnro.
- You may pay your Henrico County utility bill by phone at (804) 501-4275 (option 1). This option links the customer to Paymentus. A $2.89 service fee is charged for each utility payment made through Paymentus.
- The County has partnered with PayNearMe to offer an easy and convenient cash payment option at your local 7-11 stores. To pay with PayNearMe, you will need a PayNearMe barcode that you can print or send to your mobile phone. To obtain a PayNearMe barcode and all the details, go to https://henrico.us/paynearme. There is a fee of $1.49 fee for using the PayNearMe option.
If your water consumption appears to be higher than normal, first check for leaks, especially in toilets, before calling Public Utilities. Also, take into account the amount of time spent watering lawns or gardens, as this practice uses a significant amount of water. For information about high bills, call 804-501-4275.
In the event your check or electronic debit is returned unpaid, an additional service charge of $50.00 will be added to your amount due for the processing of the returned item as allowed by the Code of Virginia and the Code of Henrico County. In the event that your check is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds, we may re-present your check electronically. Your check will not be provided to you with your bank statement, but a copy can be retrieved by contacting your financial institution.
Department of Public Utilities Access and Correction Procedures
We strive to have accurate customer information in our records. If you would like to review the information on your account, please contact a customer service representative at 804-501-4275 to review the information over the phone or to arrange to come into our office on Parham Road. If you feel any of the information on file is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, submit a written request to have it changed and include any legal documentation supporting the change, (i.e. marriage license, death certificate, etc.).
Department of Public Utilities Customer Privacy Notice
We follow strict standards to safeguard your personal information. These standards include limiting access to data and regularly testing our security technology. In the course of doing business, we may share data with others. Personal information may be shared with others for the following reason: In response to an unpaid bill, it may be shared with the State Debt Setoff Program, the Henrico County Finance Department or with our Collection Attorney. We require anyone with whom we share your personal information to protect it. We also require that they use it solely for the purpose for which it is shared. Otherwise, we do not share any personal information about our customers or former customers unless authorized by the customer or as permitted by law. You have the right to learn the nature and substance of any personal information about you in our files by making a request in person or upon written request. You also have the right to be accompanied by a person of your choosing. Should you feel any information we have in our files is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, you may request correction, amendment or deletion of that information. A description of access and correction procedures will be sent to you upon your request.