To be cutting edge public-safety leaders dedicated to equality and civic trust.
Provide innovative and collaborative police services for a safe and thriving Henrico.
- Honor With integrity as our foundation, we earn the respect and trust of the public and each other.
- Professionalism Professionalism is paramount; we achieve it through training and acting within the rule of law.
- Commitment We are committed to preventing crime, preserving order and ensuring the safety of the public.
- Compassion We treat everyone with dignity and compassion, regardless of circumstance.
- Accountability We hold ourselves to the highest standards of conduct while upholding the ideals of our Constitution and democratic society.
The hiring process for our 82nd Basic Police Academy is currently open! Learn more about our future application process and details about this position.
- Application Deadline: March 25, 2024
- Tentative Hire Date: July 1, 2024
The Henrico County Police Division holds several Virtual Information Sessions during open hiring processes to allow potential applicants to learn more about what it takes to be a police officer. There are two sessions currently scheduled.
Learn more about our application process and details about this position.
The Henrico County Police Division has partnered with numerous organizations over the years to help with recruiting more diverse individuals to the Division. Learn more about each program.
Interested in joining a program that prepares you for leadership roles or a career in public safety? The Henrico County Public Safety Cadets is an excellent opportunity for young adults looking to get a head start on their future. This program is filled with passionate instructors and hands-on experience with law enforcement and emergency management situations.
Head to our Public Safety Cadets page for more information!
Tri-Arc Accredited by CALEA
On March 26, 2021, the Henrico County Police Division was awarded TRI-ARC reaccreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). To date, Henrico Police is one of only 24 agencies worldwide to receive TRI-ARC reaccreditation. Read more about this distinguished accreditation.
7721 E. Parham Rd.
Henrico, VA 23294
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775