Permit – Precious Metals and Gems Dealer
$200 for each person applying for the permit. Payment must be made by check and payable to the County of Henrico.
How to Receive this Service
To become a precious metals and gems dealer in Henrico County, in addition to submitting the application below, you must:
- Have scales certified and submit a copy of the certification with the application.
- Be fingerprinted and submit it with the application.
- Submit a passport-size photo of applicant along with the application.
- Submit an original copy of a surety bond in the amount of $10,000, listing the applicant as a precious metals and gems dealer and listing Henrico County as the obligee.
- Submit a $200 check for each person applying for the permit. The check(s) must be made out to the County of Henrico.
- Operate their business from a fixed location. Applicants must provide a copy of their lease, which covers a minimum of six (6) months. If the applicant owns the building in which they will operate from, they must supply proof of ownership.
All this documentation must be submitted at the time of application. Please allow 30 – 45 days for all permits to be processed.