Home or Business Security Audit
How to Receive this Service
Call or email the Prevention Services Unit to request a Crime Prevention Officer or Specialist to conduct a Security Audit onsite survey at your home or business. Please include your request for a Security Audit, your name, address, telephone number, and the best time to reach you. Also include several dates and times you would be available for the onsite survey. Our prevention specialists will then schedule a time for the audit.
A Business/Commercial Security Survey includes the following areas of interest:
- Environment to include site location, building layout and design, security systems, asset protection systems, access control, lighting, and perimeter control.
- Polices and Procedures – to include pre-employment screening, employee action control, incident reporting, workplace violence prevention, and preventing domestic violence at work.
- Training to include a review of the employee training curriculum and training schedules.
All security survey activity and information is strictly confidential, and includes a formal letter of written recommendations and available resource information.
A Business/Commercial Lighting Survey will:
- Take place at dusk or after dark.
- Include the officer and often the Division’s CPTED Planner.
- Look at lighting on the exterior as well as the interior of your business.
- Include a written report with recommendations to improve the lighting at your business or commercial establishment.
Home Security Surveys include some or all of the following:
- Review of the neighborhood/area nearby to include a familiarity with any recent issues/concerns that may be impacting the area.
- Review of the exterior of the home to include an assessment of the landscaping, lighting, and overall exterior environment.
- Review of the doors and windows of the home and accessory buildings.
- Review of the interior functioning of the doors and windows and other areas as deemed necessary.
- Recommendations on safety and security measures.
Please allow 30 – 60 days to schedule a security or lighting audit.