Permit – Pawnbroker
$200 Payment must be in the form of a check made payable to Henrico County.
How to Receive this Service
To become a Pawnbroker in Henrico County, in addition to submitting the application below, you must:
- Have scales certified and submit a copy of the certification with the application.
- Be fingerprinted and submit it with the application.
- Submit a passport-size photo of applicant along with the application.
- Submit an original copy of a surety bond in the amount of $50,000, listing the applicant as a precious metals and gems dealer and listing Henrico County as the obligee.
- Submit a $200 check for each person applying for the permit. The check must be made out to Henrico County.
- Operate their business from a fixed location. Applicants must provide a copy of their lease, which covers a minimum of six (6) months. If the applicant owns the building in which they will operate from, the applicant must supply proof of ownership.
- Obtain a court order.
- Per Henrico County Code § 15-146, applicants must already have a business license.
All this documentation must be submitted at the time of application. Please allow 30 – 45 days for all permits to be processed.