The Department of Public Works is responsible for developing, improving and maintaining, an efficient and safe transportation and drainage network for Henrico County. The Department of Public Works is divided into 7 Divisions: Administration, Construction, Design, Engineering and Environmental Services, Road Maintenance, Transportation Development, and Traffic Engineering . These divisions insure that all engineering, construction and maintenance work for roads, drainage, transit service, and erosion control follow the acceptable standards achievable with the efficient use of capital expenditures to provide the residents of Henrico County the ability to travel throughout the County in a safe manner and with minimum congestion. We strive to provide each resident with the informative and factual response to any inquiry in a timely manner.
If you are leaving any bond documents with payments for Public Works, please note the following ways to submit your documents:
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PUT “PUBLIC WORKS” ON ANYTHING THAT IS SUBMITTED:
- Leave in Public Works cart located in the lobby of the Administration Building.
- By Mail PUBLIC WORKS, Attention: Debra Brocco, P.O. Box 90775, Henrico, VA 23273 (or 4305 East Parham Road, Henrico, VA 23228)
- In person appointment with the respective Review Engineer
- Customer can deposit payments/bond documents to brown utility drop payment box located in front of the Administration Annex building. This is a secure box that is checked daily.
UPON REQUEST, A RECEIPT WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU 5-7 BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF DROP OFF. IF THIS IS REQUESTED, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WITH THE PAPERWORK THAT IS BEING DROPPED OFF.
- Sadler Road Improvements
- Creighton Road Improvements – Sandy Lane to Laburnum Avenue
- Three Chopt Road Improvement, Phase II
- Parham Road Bridge Repair
- Woodman Road Roundabout Project
Timmons Group has applied for a Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR) from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on behalf of Reynolds Real Estate Ventures, LLC to revise the floodplain map for the James River and James River Tributary #7 because Reynolds Real Estate Ventures, LLC is proposing to place fill as part of an economic development project in Chesterfield County. This change would revise the floodplain map in Henrico County. Letters were sent to all property owners affected by this proposed change. Additional information, including maps, is available on the Floodplain Management page here.
Henrico Department of Public Works
4305 E. Parham Rd.
Henrico, VA 23228
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775