Three Chopt Road Improvement, Phase II
Project Status: Underway - Utility Relocation
Estimated Cost: $31.9 million
Start Date: April 2025
Estimated End Date: April 2027
Magisterial District: Three Chopt
Henrico County has identified a 2.1 mile section of Three Chopt Road, between Barrington Hills Drive and a point approximately 1,000 feet east of Gaskins Road that will be widened to a four-lane divided roadway. Additional corridor improvements include curb and gutter, drainage improvements, pedestrian accommodations (sidewalks), and improvements at the intersection of Three Chopt Road and Gaskins Road.
- Design is 90% completed.
- Right-of-way acquisition is completed February 2022.
- Utility relocation began in October 2022.
- Advertisement for construction anticipated December 2024.
- Construction anticipated to begin April 2025.
- Project completion is anticipated April 2027.
Progress to Date
- UPDATE: Dominion now plans to perform tree clearing within their easements starting on or around September 30, 2022. Upon completion, utility relocations will begin.
- A public hearing for this project was held on May 26, 2016. The presentation from the hearing is now available.
- A Citizen Information Meeting for this project was held on April 21, 2016. The presentation provided at the meeting is now available.
- Comments and responses from the Citizen Information Meeting held on November 19th are now available.
- A Citizen Information Meeting for this project was held on November 19th, 2015. The presentation provided at the meeting is now available.