Henrico County has identified a 2.1 mile section of Three Chopt Road, between Barrington Hills Drive and a point approximately 1,000 feet east of Gaskins Road that will be widened to a four-lane divided roadway. Additional corridor improvements include curb and gutter, drainage improvements, pedestrian accommodations (sidewalks), and improvements at the intersection of Three Chopt Road and Gaskins Road.
- Design is now complete
- Right-of-way acquisition is underway
- Utility relocation is anticipated to begin in Winter 2019
- Advertisement for construction anticipated for Fall 2019
- Construction anticipated to begin in Spring 2020
- Project completion is anticipated in Summer 2022
Progress to Date
- A Public Hearing for this project was held on May 26, 2016. The presentation from the hearing is now available.
- A Citizen Information Meeting for this project was held on April 21, 2016. The presentation provided at the meeting is now available.
- Comments and responses from the Citizen Information Meeting held on November 19th are now available.
- A Citizen Information Meeting for this project was held on November 19th, 2015. The presentation provided at the meeting is now available.