The Transportation Development Division plans, applies for funding, programs, and manages transportation and infrastructure projects. This includes road, bridge, bicycle and pedestrian, and drainage improvement projects. The Division coordinates with other divisions within Public Works, other County Departments, VDOT, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (VDRPT), Richmond Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RRTPO), GRTC, and other localities on all matters related to transportation planning and infrastructure improvements.
The Transportation Development Division also manages the contract with GRTC to provide transit service in the County. This includes local and express bus service, as well as CARE specialized transportation.
Transportation Documents and Studies
Current Transportation & Infrastructure Projects
Additional Projects in Henrico County
- VDOT I-64 Bridge Replacements over Airport Drive (Rt. 156)
- VDOT I-64 Widening in Henrico and New Kent counties
- VDOT New Market Road (Route 5) Turn Lane Construction
- VDOT Parham Road/Patterson Avenue Intersection Improvements
- VDOT Pedestrian Accomodations along W. Broad Street
- VDOT Pedestrian Safety Enhancements on the Virginia Capital Trail
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
- DC2RVA Southeast High Speed Rail project