Project Status: Underway - Design
Estimated Cost: $ 28.48 million total
Start Date: October 2021
Estimated End Date: October 2023
Magisterial District: Three Chopt
Henrico County has identified a 1.9 mile section of Sadler Road between Dominion Boulevard and Cedar Forest Road that will be widened and the alignment improved. The proposed roadway will consist of two lanes, one in each direction with a center left turn lane, curb and gutter, and improved drainage. A shared use path for pedestrians and bicyclists will be constructed on the east side of the new roadway. The segment between Ireland Lane and Sadler Grove Road will be on a new alignment. Roundabouts are proposed at the intersections of Sadler Road and Innslake Drive, and at Sadler Road and Sadler Grove Road.
- Design is underway
- Right-of-way acquisition is anticipated to begin in December 2019
- Utility relocation is anticipated in October 2020
- Advertisement for construction is anticipated for May 2021
- Construction is anticipated to begin in October 2021
- Project completion is anticipated in October 2023
Progress to Date
- A Public Hearing for this project was held on July 25, 2019.
- A second Citizen Information Meeting was held for this project on September 24th, 2018.
- A Citizen Information Meeting for this project was held on November 9, 2017 at St. Anthony’s Church