Please take our brief online survey on how Henrico County communicates with you.

The survey asks for your preferences on ways to receive information about programs and services.


The Construction Division is responsible for a wide range of tasks involving the public rights-of-way and easements. Some of these task include:

  • The management and inspection of Capital Improvement Road and Drainage projects.
  • Maintenance replacement projects.
  • The tree removal program.
  • The permit procedures to work in the right-of-way.
    Permit to Work in County Right-of-Way with Attached Provisions (PDF)
  • The inspection of road improvements resulting from commercial and residential construction.
  • The inspection of bridges and major drainage structures.
  • The enforcement of ordinances and policies governing the work and use of the public right-of-way.
  • Guidance to pedestrian curb ramp design

Certificate of Occupancy Permit

Public Works reviews all work within the existing right-of-way only. To check on the status of your CO, first check with Building Inspections, if Public Works is holding the CO, you may call Andy Hoffman at (804)727-8249 for assistance.

Driveway Installation

How do I add a driveway to my property? A letter from the Construction Engineer, giving permission to make cuts in County curb must be obtained by calling Joe Madison (804) 727-8238. Download: curb cut specifications(in pdf format).


Construction Links

Contact Us

Public Works

Henrico Department of Public Works
4305 E. Parham Rd.
Henrico, VA 23228

(804) 501-4393

Mailing Address
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775

Google Translate Icon