The Construction Division is responsible for a wide range of tasks involving the public rights-of-way and easements. Some of these task include:
- The management and inspection of Capital Improvement Road and Drainage projects.
- Maintenance replacement projects.
- The tree removal program.
- The permit procedures to work in the right-of-way.
Permit to Work in County Right-of-Way with Attached Provisions
- The inspection of road improvements resulting from commercial and residential construction.
- The inspection of bridges and major drainage structures.
- The enforcement of ordinances and policies governing the work and use of the public right-of-way.
- Guidance to pedestrian curb ramp design
Certificate of Occupancy Permit
Public Works reviews all work within the existing right-of-way only. To check on the status of your CO, first check with Building Inspections, if Public Works is holding the CO, you may call Andy Hoffman at (804) 727-8249 for assistance.
- Building Inspections Records (FOIA) - Request Building Inspections information, such as inspection reports, copies of plans and permit data.
- Change of Use & C/O Reissue - Application for a change of use or certificate of occupancy (C/O) reissuance.
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (C/O) - Application for Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (C/O).
How do I add a driveway to my property? A letter from the Construction Engineer, giving permission to make cuts in County curb must be obtained by calling Joe Madison (804) 727-8238. Download: curb cut specifications.