The Sheppard’s Way subdivision was part of the original 400 acre land grant made to William Sheppard and Richard Baker in 1713. They obtained it through the “Headrights System” by paying for the passage of eight people from England to the Virginia Colony. The Sheppard’s descendants lived on this parcel called Meadow Farm until 1993. In 1899, this location was the site of the first Glen Allen School. Elizabeth Holladay, the school’s founder and only teacher, taught here until 1901.