10907 Three Chopt Road
Founded here in 1742, Deep Run Baptist Church was established as an Episcopal chapel. Modeled after St. John’s Church in Richmond, it was constructed in 1749 with wooden pegs and beams that remain part of the present structure. During the Revolutionary War, the church served as a hospital for wounded soldiers, and the Marquis de Lafayette reportedly used it as a gathering place. In 1791 it became Hungry Baptist Church. In 1819 the name was changed to Deep Run Baptist. Since its beginning the church has continued to serve as a place of worship in this community.