8690 Quioccasin Road
This sacred resting place is comprised of the graves of persons who developed the Quioccasin and Westwood communities and Pryor’s Court. Quioccasin Baptist Church and Westwood Baptist Church were founded by former slaves. In 1914, the Quioccasin Cemetery was established. Previously, the Westwood Cemetery was located behind the church but established the present site in 1921. Pryor Memorial Cemetery, established in 1943, is named after Jesse Scott Pryor (1856-1939), a former slave, farmer and entrepreneur. Those interred here are business owners, educators, ministers, state legislators, entertainers and other notable persons.