According to church history, Quioccasin Baptist Church was organized ca. 1866 after a small group of newly emancipated African Americans left Deep Run Baptist Church in hopes of starting a congregation of their own. Early church members found refuge at the Vandervall farm, which was located at the corner of Quioccasin and Pemberton Roads. There they worshiped until 1872, when they purchased their first acre of land. That original acre of land is part of the current acreage where the church stands today. The original church was destroyed by fire in 1951 but was quickly rebuilt. On Easter Sunday 1954, the first service was held in the newly built auditorium of the current building.