6200 West Club Lane
Derived from a 1921 design by renowned golf architect Donald Ross, Westwood Golf Club served the public from 1927 to the mid-1930′s. Following a change in ownership, Westwood Supper Club occupied the clubhouse from 1936 until 1950, when the Officers Club of Virginia acquired the site. Eventually extending membership to non-military families and continually expanding, the facility emerged in 1967 as Westwood Racquet Club, offering the region’s first indoor tennis courts. Westwood hosted a Virginia Slims Invitational Tournament in November 1970, which marked the beginning of the professional all-women’s tennis tour. The Westwood Club remains one of the premier racquet clubs in the Commonwealth.