Dorey Park and Recreation Center
Available for rent, Dorey Recreation Center is an ideal facility for various size gatherings, celebrations, meetings, or retreats. Dorey Recreation Center is located within beautiful Dorey Park. The park includes a large pond with walking trail, meandering walkways through the woods, a playground, and open space as well as a gazebo and picnic shelters. A variety of classes and events are offered for both children and adults throughout the year.
Dorey Recreation Center
Dorey Recreation Center serves as a restroom facility and welcome area for the Dorey Park trail connector and the Henrico County portion of the Virginia Capital Trail. The center has visitor information and exhibits highlighting the park and Henrico history.
Dorey Dog Park
Dorey Park also has an off-leash dog park, 1 acre in size, with 6 foot enclosed fence with two areas: one for small dogs and the other for larger dogs. For everyone’s safety and enjoyment of the dog park, please adhere to the Dog Park Regulations:
- Dog owners are legally responsible for their dogs at all times.
- Dog parks are for use by dog owners and their dogs only.
- All dog owners must have current license tags available and dogs free of contagious diseases and parasites.
- Dog handlers must be in view and in control of their dog(s) at all times. Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Children ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Prohibited: dogs in heat, sick dogs, aggressive dogs, gum, smoking, and glass containers.
Dorey Park Connector Trail
Dorey is connected to the Virginia Capital Trail! Guests on the Virginia Capital Trail can now venture nearly ¾ of a mile into Dorey Park. The trail now extends from the back of the park down to the recreation center.
Dorey Disc Golf Course
Looking for a new sport to play? Test your skills at our 18 hole disc golf course! This game is similar to traditional golf, but uses a flying “frisbee-like” disc. One point is counted whenever the disc is thrown and when a penalty is incurred. The object is to get the lowest score. For more information or to schedule a tournament, call 501-5127.
Horse Ring & Trails
Dorey Park features approximately five miles of trails designed for horseback riding. A horse ring is available for public use during the week. Horse shows are held by a variety of organizations. Organizations wishing to use the facility for shows may call 501-5127 to make reservations.
VDWF Urban Trout Fishing Program
The Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources (VDWF) is responsible for managing the lake fisheries. Dorey Park is included in the Urban Trout Program of VDWF. The lake receives annual stockings of channel catfish. From November through February, the lake is stocked with catchable-size trout. Anglers are reminded that a trout license is required in addition to a fishing license between November 1 and April 30. Juveniles under age 16 do not need a license. For more information, call the Fisheries Division at (540) 829-6580.
Open daily from dawn to dusk.
Mondays & Thursdays, 8am-4pm.
Available Rental & Program Hours
Friday & Saturday: 8am-11pm
View a full list of programs held at Dorey Park and Recreation Center.
The facility has numerous rooms available for rent:
- Henricus Room: 150 (maximum capacity)
- New Market Room: 20 (maximum capacity)
- Varina Room: 50 (maximum capacity)
- White Oak Room: 6-10 (maximum capacity)
The site also includes a full-size caterer’s kitchen and a deck.
The parking lot has 100 spaces.
- Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
Horse Trails & Ring
Connector Trail to VCT
Click and drag to look around the room. Click the [ ] to view in fullscreen. (Button may not display in Internet Explorer.)