Senior Leisure Clubs
Ages 60+. Meetings consist of a discussion of club business, luncheons, guest speakers or entertainment. Each club meets on a regular basis, except during July and August.
- Central Gardens Senior Club: Hidden Creek Recreation Center, 652-1450
- Confederate Hills Leisure Club: Confederate Hills Recreation Center, 652-1420
- GH Longbridge Seniors: Dorey Recreation Center, 652-1440
- Golden Angels: Belmont Recreation Center, 652-1410
Social Bridge Bunch
Ages 50+. Bridge players with basic knowledge of the game can join fellow players for fun and fellowship. Players rotate tables throughout the social. Bring a snack. Supplies are provided.
- Confederate Hills Recreation Center: Tuesdays, 9:30am-1pm, 652-1420
- Belmont Recreation Center: Wednesdays, 10am-1pm, 652-1410
- Deep Run Recreation Center: Thursdays, 10am-1pm, 652-1430
Ages 55+. Join other senior adults in Henrico for bowling, fun, and fellowship. Mondays, 1-3pm, Shrader Lanes. Info: Betty Gleason, 755-1342.
Cheswick Walking Club
Ages 50+. Walk your way to improved health and fitness! This club meets on Tuesdays from 10am-noon throughout the year at Cheswick Park. A club meeting is held the first Tuesday of each month at Belmont Recreation Center. Visitors are welcome. Info: 652-1408.
Ages 50+. Senior Golfers are welcome to join the group for weekly matches. Play different area courses on Tuesdays at 10am. Info: Hilton Withers, 740-3209.
Deep Run Friendship Café
Ages 60+. Senior Connections’ Friendship Cafés are neighborhood gathering places for seniors. A nutritious midday meal is served. Enjoy meeting up with good friends and participating in diverse activities to remain active and connected to the community. The program is free; however, registration is required in advance through Senior Connections (no drop-ins). The Friendship Café at Deep Run Recreation Center will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays, Jan 2—Apr 26 from 9am-1pm. Info: Senior Connections, The Capital Area Agency on Aging (343-3000) or Recreation and Parks: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ages 55+. Enjoy challenging tennis with a large dose of fun? Join these groups for round-robin style social tennis at an intermediate level of play. Both groups play at Belmont Recreation Center from April through November, 8:30-11:30am.
- Net Set: Tuesdays & Fridays, Info: Stephen Northrup, 301-4920
- Racketeers: Mondays & Thursdays, Info: Larry Cohen, 216-3876
Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Screening
Ages 50+. Come get your blood pressure and cholesterol checked and learn healthful ways to keep it under control. To ensure accuracy, do not eat breakfast before having cholesterol tested. Service provided by Westport Rehabilitation and Nursing Center. Free. Appointment required. Info: Cindy Spear at (804) 243-9785.
- Belmont Recreation Center: Jan 3, Feb 7, Mar 7, & Apr 4
- Confederate Hills Recreation Center: Jan 31
- Deep Run Recreation Center: Jan 24, Feb 28, Mar 28, & Apr 25
- Eastern Henrico Recreation Center: Jan 10, Feb 14, Mar 14, & Apr 11
- Walkerton Tavern: Jan 17, Feb 21, Mar 21, & Apr 18
All ages. Mahjong is a game of skill, strategy, intelligence, calculation, and luck! Bring friends or come alone and join our group that meets every Friday from 1-4pm at Deep Run Recreation Center. Info: 652-1430.
Ages 50+. Playing with two, three or four players and a unique deck of 48 cards, accumulate points by winning tricks or melding a combination of cards. Join us the third Wednesday of each month from noon-5pm at Eastern Henrico Recreation Center. Info: 652-1450.
S.A.L.T./Triad Council – Seniors and Law Enforcement Together
S.A.L.T./Triad Council is a cooperative effort and working partnership between Henrico Police, Henrico Sheriff’s Office, and senior citizens throughout Henrico. Its purpose is to develop, expand, and implement effective crime prevention and education programs for the benefit of our senior citizens and to improve the overall quality of life by making our communities a safer place to live. Monthly meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 9 a.m. at the Henrico Training Center Info: 501-5236.
If you are interested in participating in any of the following free open gym programs, please come to the recreation center so we can create your Access Pass keycard. Participants will be required to sign a liability waiver provided on site on a yearly basis for each Open Gym they plan to attend. Open Gym will not be held on County-observed holidays or when other programs are scheduled. Dates and times are subject to change.
Deep Run Recreation Center: 652-1430
- Senior Pickleball: Mon, Wed, & Fri, 8am-1pm, Ages 50+
- Senior Volleyball: Tue & Thur, 5:30-8:30pm, Men ages 50+ and women 40+
Eastern Henrico Recreation Center: 652-1450
- Senior Open Gym: Fri, 8:30-10:30am, Ages 40+
- Senior Pickleball: Tue & Thur, 8:30am-noon, Ages 50+