Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Available to rent, the Eastern Henrico Recreation Center is a beautiful 25,773 square foot building with a variety of programming spaces and rooms. You will find a spacious ballroom for private events, a full-sized gymnasium, a classroom, playground, and a fitness area for staying in shape through group exercise classes or individual workouts.
EHRC Fitness Center
- Weight room with cardiovascular and strength training machines as well as free weights
- Group exercise studio for structured group exercise classes and/or personal use
- Locker rooms with private shower stalls
- Outdoor running/walking trails that total .80 mile
- Football field with a track (.25 mile) and a soccer field
EHRC Spray Park Guidelines
Get Wet, Have Fun, & Be Safe!
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Swim diapers are required if necessary
- Climbing on water features is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Running, skating, and cycling are not permitted.
- Food, drinks, glass containers, and smoking are prohibited.
- Swimwear and water shoes are recommended.
*Please note: The surface area around the playground can get very hot on sunny days — be sure to wear shoes or sandals!
Park & Outdoor Amenities
Open daily from dawn to dusk
Open May 18 through mid-September, 9am-7pm.
Season subject to change, weather permitting.
Rental & Program Hours
Friday & Saturday: 8am-11pm
Open with restrictions.
Monday-Friday: 8am-12pm & 4-8pm
Also visit our YouTube Channel for virtual fitness classes!
- View Programs held at Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
- Fitness Class Schedule for Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Free and no registration required!
Fri, June 17, 1-4pm. Eastern Henrico Recreation Center.
Ages 5+. Kick off summer fun by enjoying a Game Truck, Fun Bus “gym on wheels,” rock wall, carnival games, and more fun! Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chalk Drawings & Popsicles
Thu, Aug 18, 11am-noon. Eastern Henrico Rec Center.
Ages 5+. Chalk drawings and popsicles at the spray park (while supplies last). Information: email@example.com
Fitness in the Park
- Essentrics in the Park
Sat, Jul 16, 8:30-9:30am.
- Yoga in the Park
Sat, Jul 30, 8:30-9:30am.
Sat, Aug 27, 8:30-9:30am.
- Zumba® in the Park
Sat, Aug 13, 9-10am.
The gym is open for designated activities such as badminton, basketball, and pickleball. All activities are free, but do require an access pass. To receive a pass, please visit the recreation center. If you have any questions, you can contact by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone between the hours of 8am-430pm (804-652-1450).
Badminton (Ages 12+. Ages 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult.)
Basketball (Ages 30+. )
Basketball for Youth (Ages 10-17)
Saturdays (except for the 1st Sat of each month): 1-3pm
Pickleball for All (Ages 13+. )
Senior Pickleball (Ages 50+.)
June 1-15: Tuesdays & Thursdays: 8:30am-12:00pm
Senior Multi-Sport (Ages 50+.)
The facility has numerous rooms available for rent:
- Strawberry Hill Ballroom: 125 (maximum capacity)
- Glen Echo Gymnasium: 150 (maximum capacity)
- Randolph Classroom: 40 (maximum capacity)
The site also includes a full-size caterer’s kitchen and a patio.
The parking lot has the capacity for 276 vehicles.
- Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
Strawberry Hill Ballroom
Click and drag to look around the room. Click the [ ] to view in fullscreen. (Button may not display in Internet Explorer.)