Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Available to rent, the Eastern Henrico Recreation Center is a beautiful 25,773 square foot building with a variety of programming spaces and rooms. You will find a spacious ballroom for private events, a full-sized gymnasium, a classroom, playground, and a fitness area for staying in shape through group exercise classes or individual workouts.
EHRC Fitness Center
- Weight room with cardiovascular and strength training machines as well as free weights
- Group exercise studio for structured group exercise classes and/or personal use
- Locker rooms with private shower stalls
- Outdoor running/walking trails that total .80 mile
- Football field with a track (.25 mile) and a soccer field
EHRC Spray Park Guidelines
Get Wet, Have Fun, & Be Safe!
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Swim diapers are required if necessary
- Climbing on water features is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Running, skating, and cycling are not permitted.
- Food, drinks, glass containers, and smoking are prohibited.
- Swimwear and water shoes are recommended.
*Please note: The surface area around the playground can get very hot on sunny days — be sure to wear shoes or sandals!
Park & Outdoor Amenities
Open daily from dawn to dusk
Open now through Labor Day, 9am-7pm.
Season subject to change, weather permitting.
Rental & Program Hours
Friday & Saturday: 8am-11pm
Open with restrictions.
Monday-Friday: 8am-12pm & 4-8pm
Also visit our YouTube Channel for virtual fitness classes!
- Programs held at Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
- Fitness Class Schedule for Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Park Mobile Pop-Up Programs
Free and no registration required! View other Park Mobile programs.
Wed, Aug 18, 9am-1pm. Sports Rock. Join us in front of the Eastern Henrico Recreation Center to climb to new heights with a 24′ Rock Climbing Wall. We’ll also play some games and sports activities. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat, Aug 28, 8:30-9:39am. Sunrise Yoga in the Park. Bring your own mat/towel for poses and join us for a relaxing free class.
Get ready partners with your opening bids ‘cause Deep Run, Belmont and Eastern Henrico are bringing out the Bridge tables! Anyone with basic knowledge of the game can join fellow players for fun and fellowship. Players will rotate tables throughout the social. Supplies are provided.
Fridays, July 2-August 27, 9:00am-12:00pm.
Self-guided temperature checks will be encouraged at the front door. Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals per CDC guidelines. Upon your first visit, you will fill out Access Pass paperwork. You will be given a key-tag, and scan in at each visit.
Effective June 1, 2021, Open Gym activities will return to their original format!
The gym is open for designated activities such as badminton, basketball, and pickleball. All activities are free, but do require an access pass. To receive a pass, please visit the recreation center. If you have any questions, you can contact by email (email@example.com) or by phone between the hours of 8am-430pm (804-652-1450).
Open Gym Summer Schedule
Badminton (Ages 12+. Ages 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult.)
Basketball (Ages 30+. )
Basketball for Youth (Ages 10-17)
Saturdays (except for the 1st Sat of each month): 1-3pm
Pickleball for All (Ages 13+. )
Senior Pickleball (Ages 50+.)
June 1-15: Tuesdays & Thursdays: 8:30am-12:00pm
Senior Multi-Sport (Ages 50+.)
The facility has numerous rooms available for rent:
- Strawberry Hill Ballroom: 125 (maximum capacity)
- Glen Echo Gymnasium: 150 (maximum capacity)
- Randolph Classroom: 40 (maximum capacity)
The site also includes a full-size caterer’s kitchen and a patio.
The parking lot has the capacity for 276 vehicles.
- EHRC Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
Strawberry Hill Ballroom
Click and drag to look around the room. Click the [ ] to view in fullscreen. (Button may not display in Internet Explorer.)