Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Available to rent, the Eastern Henrico Recreation Center is a beautiful 25,773 square foot building with a variety of programming spaces and rooms. You will find a spacious ballroom for private events, a full-sized gymnasium, a classroom, playground, and a fitness area for staying in shape through group exercise classes or individual workouts.
EHRC Fitness Center
NOTICE: We are planning to reopen the fitness center on March 29, with restrictions. The outdoor trails and track are open.
- Weight room with cardiovascular and strength training machines as well as free weights
- Group exercise studio for structured group exercise classes and/or personal use
- Locker rooms with private shower stalls
- Outdoor running/walking trails that total .80 mile
- Football field with a track (.25 mile) and a soccer field
EHRC Spray Park Guidelines
Get Wet, Have Fun, & Be Safe!
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Swim diapers are required if necessary
- Climbing on water features is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Running, skating, and cycling are not permitted.
- Food, drinks, glass containers, and smoking are prohibited.
- Swimwear and water shoes are recommended.
*Please note: The surface area around the playground can get very hot on sunny days — be sure to wear shoes or sandals!
Park & Outdoor Amenities
Open daily from dawn to dusk
Open Memorial Day through Labor Day, 9am-7pm. Season subject to change, weather permitting.
Rental & Program Hours
Friday & Saturday: 8am-11pm
Open with restrictions.
Monday-Friday: 8am-12pm & 4-8pm
Also visit our YouTube Channel for virtual fitness classes!
- Additional Programs held at Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
- Fitness Class Schedule for Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Effective March 29, Open Gym Activities have a new process that requires you to call or come in to be placed on a list of upcoming time slots. The schedule will be out about a week before the first of the month for the following month. You will be able to sign up at that time for the entire month, if you choose to. If you sign up for a time slot, then later do not plan to attend a gym activity that you are signed up for, PLEASE contact the center immediately. We will monitor individuals who do not show up for their time slot.
Due to COVID-19 and the parameters that we must follow to remain safe and limit capacities, all gym activities will be for Henrico residents only. We must also follow several strict safety guidelines including wearing masks the entire time you are inside the building (even when participating in an activity).
This will remain in effect for the foreseeable future.
If you have any questions, you can contact by email (email@example.com) or by phone between the hours of 8am-430pm (804-652-1450).
Rules & Expectations for Gym Activities:
- Preregistration is required and available by phone or in person. (Henrico residents only). You can only register for yourself.
- When you arrive on site for your first visit, you must show a valid driver’s license with a Henrico address, complete a registration form (once within a 12-month period), and either renew or receive an Access Pass for future visits.
- Participants can only sign up for one time slot per day for each sport.
- Time slots are not transferrable.
- Participants must play doubles for pickleball and badminton, if all slots are full.
- Please show up no more than 10 minutes prior to your time slot.
- Please exit promptly to allow for cleaning and preparation for the next time slot.
- Water fountains are not in use; bottle fill stations are available.
- No equipment will be available. You must bring your own paddles, balls and other equipment necessary. Henrico County will provide tables and nets.
- The schedule will be open one week prior to the next month.
Eastern Henrico Schedule
Badminton: Must play doubles
Ages 12+. (Ages 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult).
Fridays: 2 time slots
Pickleball for All: Must play doubles
Senior Pickleball: Must play doubles
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 2 time slots
The facility has numerous rooms available for rent:
- Strawberry Hill Ballroom: 125 (maximum capacity)
- Glen Echo Gymnasium: 150 (maximum capacity)
- Randolph Classroom: 40 (maximum capacity)
The site also includes a full-size caterer’s kitchen and a patio.
The parking lot has the capacity for 276 vehicles.
- EHRC Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Strawberry Hill Ballroom
Click and drag to look around the room. Click the [ ] to view in fullscreen. (Button may not display in Internet Explorer.)