Short Pump Park
This park includes a dog park, spray fountains, athletic fields, play equipment, picnic facilities, and a restored 1902 two-room schoolhouse.
Picnic Shelter Reservations
Please note, the picnic shelter by the soccer/football field accepts reservations. The picnic shelter by the dog park does not accept reservations.
Short Pump Dog Park
The Short Pump Park Dog Park has separate areas for small and large dogs, each surfaced by a synthetic grass specifically designed for dog parks. For the everyone’s safety and enjoyment of the dog park, please follow the Dog Park Regulations:
- Dog owners are legally responsible for their dogs at all times.
- Dog parks are for use by dog owners and their dogs only.
- All dog owners must have current license tags available and dogs free of contagious diseases and parasites.
- Dog handlers must be in view and in control of their dog(s) at all times. Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Children ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Prohibited: dogs in heat, sick dogs, aggressive dogs, gum, smoking, and glass containers.
Spray Park Guidelines: Get Wet, Have Fun, & Be Safe
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Swim diapers are required if necessary
- Climbing on water features is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Running, skating, and cycling are not permitted.
- Food, drinks, glass containers, and smoking are prohibited.
- Swimwear and water shoes are recommended.
Open daily from dawn to dusk.
Open May 18 through mid-September, 9am-7pm.
Season subject to change, weather permitting.
Fitness in the Parks
Yoga in the Park
Sat, June 11, 8:30-9:30am. Short Pump Park.
Wed, Jul 27, 6-7pm. Short Pump Park.
This is part of a Yoga in the Park series for spring and summer. Various styles of yoga will be offered by different instructors for each session. The yoga instructor will serve as your guide through a moving meditation yoga practice, offering pose variation suggestions to fit all yogi levels. Expect to be appropriately warmed up, strengthened, and stretched to flow mindfully through poses with your body and your breath. Recommended for ages 14+. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essentrics in the Park
Sat, June 18, 8:30-9:30am. Short Pump Park.
Ages 18+. A dynamic, full-body workout that simultaneously combines stretching and strengthening, while engaging all 650 muscles. Through standing and floor work, this class will increase flexibility and mobility for a healthy, toned and pain-free body. A stretch workout for all ages and fitness levels. Please bring a yoga mat and wear appropriate clothing. Meet in the large grass field in the middle of the park near the playground. Instructor: Pamela Thomas. Information: email@example.com
Fitness Obstacle Course and Water Games
Mon, June 13, 2-4pm. Short Pump Park.
Park Mobile and Fitness offer a fitness obstacle course and water activities around the playground and spray park. Activities include agility ladders, cones, hurdles, hula-hoops, balance beams and gymnastics mats and water games. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org