Effective March 29, Open Gym Activities have a new process that requires you to call or come in to be placed on a list of upcoming time slots. The schedule will be out about a week before the first of the month for the following month. You will be able to sign up at that time for the entire month, if you choose to. If you sign up for a time slot, then later do not plan to attend a gym activity that you are signed up for, PLEASE contact the center immediately. We will monitor individuals who do not show up for their time slot.
Due to COVID-19 and the parameters that we must follow to remain safe and limit capacities, all gym activities will be for Henrico residents only. We must also follow several strict safety guidelines including wearing masks the entire time you are inside the building (even when participating in an activity). This will remain in effect for the foreseeable future. Please contact our recreation centers with questions.
Rules & Expectations for Gym Activities:
- Preregistration is required and available by phone or in person. (Henrico residents only). You can only register for yourself.
- When you arrive on site for your first visit, you must show a valid driver’s license with a Henrico address, complete a registration form (once within a 12-month period), and either renew or receive an Access Pass for future visits.
- Participants can only sign up for one time slot per day for each sport.
- Time slots are not transferrable.
- Participants must play doubles for pickleball and badminton, if all slots are full.
- Please show up no more than 10 minutes prior to your time slot.
- Please exit promptly to allow for cleaning and preparation for the next time slot.
- Water fountains are not in use; bottle fill stations are available.
- No equipment will be available. You must bring your own paddles, balls and other equipment necessary. Henrico County will provide tables and nets.
- The schedule will be open one week prior to the next month.