Effective June 1, 2021, Open Gym activities will return to their original format.
Deep Run and Eastern Henrico Recreation Centers open their gyms for designated activities such as badminton, basketball, volleyball, and pickleball. Open Gym programs are not held on County-observed holidays or when other programs are scheduled. Dates and times are subject to change. Click the links below to view the full schedule.
All Open Gym programs are free! If you are interested in participating in any Open Gym programs, please visit Eastern Henrico Recreation Center or Deep Run Recreation Center so that we can create your Access Pass keycard. Participants or parent/legal guardian will be required to sign a liability waiver provided on site on a yearly basis for each Open Gym Activity they plan to attend.
Open Gym Activities: March 29-May 28, 2021
Effective March 29-May 31, Open Gym Activities have a new process that requires you to call or come in to be placed on a list of upcoming time slots. The schedule will be out about a week before the first of the month for the following month. You will be able to sign up at that time for the entire month, if you choose to. If you sign up for a time slot, then later do not plan to attend a gym activity that you are signed up for, PLEASE contact the center immediately. We will monitor individuals who do not show up for their time slot.
Due to COVID-19 and the parameters that we must follow to remain safe and limit capacities, all gym activities will be for Henrico residents only. We must also follow several strict safety guidelines including wearing masks the entire time you are inside the building (even when participating in an activity). This will remain in effect for the foreseeable future. Please contact our recreation centers with questions.
Rules & Expectations for Gym Activities:
- Preregistration is required and available by phone or in person. (Henrico residents only). You can only register for yourself.
- When you arrive on site for your first visit, you must show a valid driver’s license with a Henrico address, complete a registration form (once within a 12-month period), and either renew or receive an Access Pass for future visits.
- Participants can only sign up for one time slot per day for each sport.
- Time slots are not transferrable.
- Participants must play doubles for pickleball and badminton, if all slots are full.
- Please show up no more than 10 minutes prior to your time slot.
- Please exit promptly to allow for cleaning and preparation for the next time slot.
- Water fountains are not in use; bottle fill stations are available.
- No equipment will be available. You must bring your own paddles, balls and other equipment necessary. Henrico County will provide tables and nets.
- The schedule will be open one week prior to the next month.