Clarke-Palmore House Museum
The Clarke-Palmore House Museum is located high atop historic Marion Hill in Henrico County. The Museum interprets the story of the Palmore family who lived on a small farm in 1930. Like other farm families living through the Great Depression, the Palmore family struggled to make a living during tough economic times. The museum is open for special programs, events, and by appointment.
Open by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment, please call (804) 652-3406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Henrico Recreation & Parks offers programs for all ages at many facilities and parks. Follow the links below to view programs and register online.
Built in stages beginning in 1819, John Clarke purchased the property in 1855 and added the second story. His daughter Estelle and her husband John Palmore added the clapboard section in 1910. In 1999, Vera Morton, daughter of John and Estelle Palmore, donated the house and 12 acres to the County. National Register Historic Site.