The Springs Recreation Center
Welcome to The Springs Recreation Center! The Henrico Board of Supervisors changed the name of the center on June 9, 2020. Read the full story.
This recreation center is housed in a former railroad club and features a pavilion, pickleball courts, two shuffleboard courts, and a regulation croquet court. Available for rent, The Springs is an ideal facility for various size gatherings, celebrations, meetings, or retreats. A variety of classes and events are offered for both children and adults throughout the year.
If you enjoy a round of croquet, then you need to visit The Springs Recreation Center! Regular play is held year-round on Thursdays at 10 a.m. and Sundays at 1 p.m. Arrangements can be made to play on other days. All ages are invited to come out to learn the game. Contact the center for details.
Grounds are open daily from dawn to dusk.
Please call 652-1420 for rental inquiries or to schedule an appointment.
Rental & Program Hours
Friday & Saturday: 8am-11pm
Snow Cones & Sunshine!
Sat, May 15, 3:30-5:30pm. The Springs Recreation Center
Have some fun in the sun celebrating International Day of Families with a snow cone and outside play. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional programs held at The Springs Recreation Center.
- Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
In 1852, Jacob and Elizabeth Tyree owned this 400 acre tract of land known as “Woodstock.” After changing hands several times, the Locomotive Club of Richmond purchased 208 acres of the property and built this clubhouse in 1925. Through the middle of the property ran the Richmond and Rappahannock Railroad. After 1977, it was known as the Confederate Hills Swim and Tennis Club. It became part of the Henrico County Recreation and Parks’ system in 1994. On June 9, 2020 the name was changed to The Springs Recreation Center.
Click and drag to look around the room. Click the [ ] to view in fullscreen. (Button may not display in Internet Explorer.)