Armour House & Gardens at Meadowview Park
This Victorian style home is located directly behind Arthur Ashe Elementary School. The surrounding property boasts a scenic walking trail, tennis courts, a garden, flowing fountain surrounded by arbors with blooming vines, and children’s gardens and play areas.
Available for rent, The Armour House and Gardens is an ideal setting for small gatherings, celebrations, meetings, or retreats. A large shelter facility with a fireplace is also available for rent. A variety of classes and events are offered for both children and adults throughout the year.
Open daily from dawn to dusk.
*Please call 652-1400 for rental inquiries or to schedule an appointment.*
Rental & Program Hours
Henrico Recreation & Parks offers programs for all ages at many facilities and parks. Follow the links below to view programs and register online.
- Programs held at The Armour House & Gardens at Meadowview Park.
- Complete list of Recreation Programs.
The following spaces are available for rent:
- The first floor of house is comprised of 2 rooms and a sunroom and has a maximum capacity of 50 individuals standing or 30 seated. Rental of the first floor includes use of the kitchen.
- The beautiful gardens feature an incredible fountain and patio area perfect for any event. The maximum capacity for the garden package is 125 individuals.
The parking lot has 90 spaces.
- Armour House and Gardens Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
Edmund Christian built the house at Meadowview in 1915. On the park grounds, archeologists identified two prehistoric American Indian sites. In the 19th century, Chief Justice John Marshall’s Chickahominy Farm was located nearby. The Armour family sold the property to Henrico County in 1999.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Armour House Parlor, part 1
Click and drag to look around the room. Click the [ ] to view in fullscreen. (Button may not display in Internet Explorer.)