Reserve a Picnic Shelter
- $25 for the following time slots: 9am-2pm or 3pm-dusk*
- $50 for all day: 9am-dusk*
*Parks close at dusk, which may affect the ending time of your reservation.
How to Receive this Service
Reservations can be requested online or in person.
ID Requirements: Must be provided with reservation and match payer’s name and address on form. Individuals must provide a current Virginia driver’s license, DMV change of address card (if applicable), DMV ID card, or voter registration card. Organizations must provide a business card, letterhead, check, or Henrico business license.
In person reservations are accepted Mon-Fri, 8am to 4:30pm at the following locations.
Online ServiceReserve a Shelter Online
- Please review your reservation permit and receipt and contact us with any discrepancies.
- Groups with reservations have priority for shelter use. While reservation signs will be posted at each shelter, please have your reservation permit and receipt with you for reservation verification and contact numbers for assistance. Non-reserved shelters are available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
Shelter Refund & Changes Policy
Requests must be made in writing and received seven days prior to your reservation date. Refund requests due to inclement weather must be received in our office the week following your reservation. Reservations will not be refunded due to inclement weather until the actual reservation date has passed. All refunds are paid by check and mailed within thirty days of approval. The processing fee charged with an online transaction is non-refundable.
- Inclement weather related to reservation of Recreation and Parks facilities is defined as any kind of extreme weather, usually severe rain, flooding, wind or tornado warnings, snow, or ice, which might create hazardous conditions for park patrons either traveling to or from or participating in scheduled park activities. Inclement weather does not include seasonal weather patterns such as extreme temperature fluctuations, poor air quality warnings, or extreme humidity levels which are often experienced annually throughout central Virginia.
- All requests for any changes to your reservation, including cancellations (transfer of location, date, or time) must be made in writing and received in our office at least seven business days prior to the original reservation date OR the week following inclement weather, and is limited to availability. There will be no changes to shelter reservations made less than seven days in advance.
Written requests can be submitted in person or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Experiencing an issue?
A list of common registration and reservation issues can be found in our registration portal. If you don’t find a solution to your problem there, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 501-7275.