Reserve a Picnic Shelter
- $25 for the following time slots: 9am-2pm or 3pm-dusk*
- $50 for all day: 9am-dusk*
*Parks close at dusk, which may affect the ending time of your reservation.
How to Receive this Service
Reservations can be requested online or in person.
ID Requirements: Identification must be provided when submitting a shelter reservation. The payer’s name and address on the identification must match the information submitted on their shelter reservation form.
Applicants submitting an Individual shelter reservation must provide a valid DMV-issued photo ID. Any of the following identifications reflecting the applicant’s current address may serve as a supplement if the DMV-issued photo ID does not reflect their current address: a DMV-issued change of address card (if applicable), or a voter registration card.
Applicants submitting an Organization shelter reservation must provide a business card, letterhead from the organization, a check with the organization’s name and address, or a Henrico County business license.
In person reservations are accepted Mon-Fri, 8am to 4:30pm at the following locations.
Online ServiceReserve a Shelter Online
- Please review your reservation permit and receipt and contact us with any discrepancies.
- Individuals that have placed shelter reservations have priority for shelter use. Reservation signs including shelter reservation details will be posted at each shelter. Please have your reservation permit and receipt with you for reservation verification and contact information purposes. Non-reservable shelters are available for public use on a first-come, first-served basis.
Shelter Refund & Changes Policy
Requests must be made in writing and received three (3) days prior to the reservation date. Refund requests due to inclement weather must be received in our office no later than seven (7) days following your reservation. Reservations will not be refunded due to inclement weather until the actual reservation date has passed. All refunds are paid by check and mailed within thirty (30) days of approval. The processing fee charged with an online transaction is non-refundable.
- Henrico County Recreation and Parks defines inclement weather as any kind of extreme weather, usually severe rain, flooding, wind or tornado warnings, snow, or ice, which might create hazardous conditions for park patrons either traveling to or from or
participating in scheduled park activities. Inclement weather does not include seasonal weather patterns such as extreme temperature fluctuations, poor air quality warnings, or extreme humidity levels which are often experienced annually throughout central Virginia.
- All requests for any changes to your reservation, including cancellations (transfer of location, date, or time) must be made in writing and received in our office at least three (3) business days prior to the original reservation date OR seven (7) days following inclement weather. Shelter transfer requests are limited to availability. There will be no changes to shelter reservations made less than three (3) days in advance.
Written requests can be submitted in person or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Experiencing an issue?
A list of common registration and reservation issues can be found in our registration portal. If you don’t find a solution to your problem there, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 501-7275.