The mission of the Department of Building Construction and Inspections is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the general public by assuring that all buildings and related equipment are constructed, installed and maintained in compliance with the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code.
- We are dedicated to providing services that are commensurate with our customer’s expectations for professionalism and accountability.
- We are committed to establishing policies and procedures that:
- Impose no unnecessary burden to the construction and use of buildings and structures.
- Are consistent, accurate, and practical and minimize confusion and inconvenience.
- We encourage and welcome suggestions from our customers for improving the quality and efficiency of our services.
- We recognize our employees are a valuable resource to be treated with integrity, equality, fairness and respect.
2018 Residential Code Changes
Henrico County has moved all permitting and inspection processes online to Build Henrico for all permits submitted after August 30, 2021.
Additional information can be found at https://henrico.us/build/help/.
Schedule an inspection, amend or cancel a building permit submitted or issued prior to August 30, 2021 in the Legacy Permitting System.
Residential applications and forms needed for a building permit, plan review comments and permit resubmittals. This includes construction of new houses, renovations/additions to existing houses, moving or demolition of one- and two- family dwellings, decks, porches, sheds, garages and swimming pools.
Commercial applications and forms needed for a building permit, plan review comments and permit resubmittals. This includes construction of new buildings, alterations/additions to existing buildings, tenant upfits, tents, trailers and moving or demolition of structures.
4301 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23228
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775