The mission of the Department of Building Construction and Inspections is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the general public by assuring that all buildings and related equipment are constructed, installed and maintained in compliance with the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code.
- We are dedicated to providing services that are commensurate with our customer’s expectations for professionalism and accountability.
- We are committed to establishing policies and procedures that:
- Impose no unnecessary burden to the construction and use of buildings and structures.
- Are consistent, accurate, and practical and minimize confusion and inconvenience.
- We encourage and welcome suggestions from our customers for improving the quality and efficiency of our services.
- We recognize our employees are a valuable resource to be treated with integrity, equality, fairness and respect.
Corona Virus Update Regarding Building Inspections Services
May 24, 2021 Revised Notice Update on COVID-19 Services
Beginning May 24, 2021 the Department of Building Construction and Inspections office on the 2nd Floor of the County Administration Building at 4301 E. Parham Rd. has re-opened to the public. All permitting, plan review and inspection services are being delivered daily from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. No appointment is needed to visit the office location.
Please call 804-501-4360 if you have any questions about our services.
Schedule, cancel or see results of an inspection. Check plan review status.
Residential applications and forms needed for a building permit, plan review comments and permit resubmittals. This includes construction of new houses, renovations/additions to existing houses, moving or demolition of one- and two- family dwellings, decks, porches, sheds, garages and swimming pools.
Commercial applications and forms needed for a building permit, plan review comments and permit resubmittals. This includes construction of new buildings, alterations/additions to existing buildings, tenant upfits, tents, trailers and moving or demolition of structures.
4301 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23228
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775