The Department of Public Utilities provides water, wastewater systems, and solid waste services to over 90,000 customers. Some of our facilities and activities:
- Public Utilities (DPU) provides drinking water to and collects wastewater from residential, commercial, and industrial customers
- Refuse collection service
- Recycling, curbside and drop-off
If you have a water or sewer emergency between the hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm, please call us at (804) 501-4275 or fill out the online form for water main or water meter leaks.
If you have a water or sewer emergency after 4:30 pm, please call us at (804) 501-5025. Please do not fill out the online form as this may not be received until the next business day.
Revised Bagged Leaf Schedule
Due to the recent snowfall, Area D bagged leaves were unable to be collected during the week of December 10. As a result, Area D has been rescheduled for December 26 – January 6. To see the schedule, please click here.
- Cobbs Creek Reservoir
- Upham Brook Trunk Sewer
- Meredith Branch Sanitary Sewer Project
- Chamberlayne Farms Sanitary Sewer Project
Natural Gas smells like rotten eggs! If you smell this, please call Richmond Gas Works at (804) 646-4646!
Richmond Gas Works provides natural gas to Henrico County residents.
Ensure your safety by CALLING 8-1-1 before you dig.
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775