The Department of Public Utilities provides water, wastewater systems, and solid waste services to over 90,000 customers. Some of our facilities and activities:
- Public Utilities (DPU) provides drinking water to and collects wastewater from residential, commercial, and industrial customers
- Refuse collection service
- Recycling, curbside and drop-off
If you have a water or sewer emergency between the hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm, please call us at (804) 501-4275 or fill out the online form for water main or water meter leaks.
If you have a water or sewer emergency after 4:30 pm, please call us at (804) 501-5025. Please do not fill out the online form as this may not be received until the next business day.
CARES Act Application
CARES Act assistance application may:
- Assist for delinquent bills with consumption from March 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021 and may not be used for past due amounts prior to this time period or after this time period.
- Funding is designed to be a one‐time opportunity, with only one payment per household (for residential) or account holder and their successors (for non‐ residential).
- Funding can be used for water and/or wastewater charges (refuse/trash service, late fees, deposits and other miscellaneous fees are excluded).
CARES Act assistance should only be requested by utility account holders. Henrico DPU will only discuss this application with the person(s) listed on the account.
Incomplete information can delay your application. Please be sure to fill out the form in its entirety.
Submitting this application does not guarantee that your assistance is approved. You should have received final communication by December 31, 2021. If you haven’t, please contact the Henrico Public Utilities call center at 804-501-4275
Click here for application
- Cobbs Creek Reservoir
- Upham Brook Trunk Sewer
- Meredith Branch Sanitary Sewer Project
- Chamberlayne Farms Sanitary Sewer Project
- Enterprise Parkway/Broad Street Area Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation
Wipes Clog Pipes & Pumps
Keep Our Sewer System Safe
The toilet paper shortage is forcing some people to use flushable wipes. Despite being labeled as “flushable,” these types of products wreak havoc on wastewater systems. Help keep Henrico’s sewer system running by following the “3Ps” – only flush pee, poo and toilet paper.
Natural Gas smells like rotten eggs! If you smell this, please call Richmond Gas Works at (804) 646-4646!
Richmond Gas Works provides natural gas to Henrico County residents.
Ensure your safety by CALLING 8-1-1 before you dig.
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775