The Department of Public Utilities provides water, wastewater systems, and solid waste services to over 90,000 customers. Some of our facilities and activities:
- Public Utilities (DPU) provides drinking water to and collects wastewater from residential, commercial, and industrial customers
- Refuse collection service
- Recycling, curbside and drop-off
If you have a water or sewer emergency between the hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm, please call us at (804) 501-4275 or fill out the online form for water main or water meter leaks.
If you have a water or sewer emergency after 4:30 pm, please call us at (804) 501-5025. Please do not fill out the online form as this may not be received until the next business day.
- Cobbs Creek Reservoir
- Upham Brook Trunk Sewer
- Meredith Branch Sanitary Sewer Project
- Chamberlayne Farms Sanitary Sewer Project
- Enterprise Parkway/Broad Street Area Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation
Wipes Clog Pipes & Pumps
Keep Our Sewer System Safe
The toilet paper shortage is forcing some people to use flushable wipes. Despite being labeled as “flushable,” these types of products wreak havoc on wastewater systems. Help keep Henrico’s sewer system running by following the “3Ps” – only flush pee, poo and toilet paper.
Natural Gas smells like rotten eggs! If you smell this, please call Richmond Gas Works at (804) 646-4646!
Richmond Gas Works provides natural gas to Henrico County residents.
Ensure your safety by CALLING 8-1-1 before you dig.
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775