Be Responsible, Secure your Load and Stop Litter!
You can do your part to help prevent litter, accidents and pollution! When using any vehicle or trailer to haul material, take a few minutes to secure the load. You are responsible for it; and it is also the law!
Tips for Securing Loads:
- Tie down items with rope, bungee cords or adjustable straps. Tie large items directly to the vehicle or trailer.
- Cover your load with a sturdy reinforced plastic or canvas tarp.
- Make sure brush and debris are not overhanging vehicle/trailer or dragging on road.
- Put lighter weight items at the bottom of the load, such as empty cardboard boxes
- Don’t overload. Keep material level with the top of truck bed or trailer .
- Always double check your load and be aware of it while driving!