Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Available to rent, the Eastern Henrico Recreation Center is a beautiful 25,773 square foot building with a variety of programming spaces and rooms. You will find a spacious ballroom for private events, a full-sized gymnasium, a classroom, playground, and a fitness area for staying in shape through group exercise classes or individual workouts.
EHRC Fitness Center
- Weight room with cardiovascular and strength training machines as well as free weights
- Group exercise studio for structured group exercise classes and/or personal use
- Locker rooms with private shower stalls
- Outdoor running/walking trails that total .80 mile
- Football field with a track (.25 mile) and a soccer field
EHRC Spray Park Guidelines
Get Wet, Have Fun, & Be Safe!
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Swim diapers are required if necessary
- Climbing on water features is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Running, skating, and cycling are not permitted.
- Food, drinks, glass containers, and smoking are prohibited.
- Swimwear and water shoes are recommended.
*Please note: The surface area around the playground can get very hot on sunny days — be sure to wear shoes or sandals!
Park & Outdoor Amenities
Open daily from dawn to dusk
May-September (exact dates TBD). Operating hours: 9am-7pm.
Season subject to change, weather permitting.
Rental & Program Hours
Friday & Saturday: 8am-11pm
Also visit our YouTube Channel for virtual fitness classes!
- View All Programs held at Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
- Fitness Class Schedule for Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Free and no registration required!
Community Game Room Open
Mon-Thur, 4-8pm | Sat, 8am-4pm | Sun, 1-4pm
(Game Room will be closed Jan. 2 & 16, & Feb. 20)
Visit the new game room! Our community rooms offer a variety of recreational activities and games such as basketball, air hockey, arcade games, charging stations and arts/crafts (sensory station coming soon). Ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. For more information and additional availability, email EasternHenrico@henrico.us or call 804-652-1450. Please call ahead to ensure room isn’t occupied.
The gym is open for designated activities such as badminton, basketball, and pickleball. All activities are free, but do require an access pass. To receive a pass, please visit the recreation center. If you have any questions, you can contact by email (email@example.com) or by phone between the hours of 8am-430pm (804-652-1450).
Current Schedule (January through March 2023):
Badminton (Ages 12+. Ages 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult.)
Basketball (Ages 30+)
Mondays, Jan 9-Mar 20: 6-8:30pm
(No open gym basketball on Jan 2, 16, & 23; Feb 20 & 27)
Senior Pickleball (Ages 50+)
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9am-1pm
Senior Multi-Sport (Ages 50+)
Volleyball (Clinic & Free Play)
Saturdays: 2:15-3pm (Ages 11 and under)
Saturdays, 3-4:45pm (Ages 12 and older)
The facility has numerous rooms available for rent:
- Strawberry Hill Ballroom: 125 (maximum capacity)
- Glen Echo Gymnasium: 150 (maximum capacity)
- Randolph Classroom: 40 (maximum capacity)
The site also includes a full-size caterer’s kitchen and a patio.
The parking lot has the capacity for 276 vehicles.
- Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
Fitness Center Application Packet
Strawberry Hill Ballroom
Click and drag to look around the room. Click the [ ] to view in fullscreen. (Button may not display in Internet Explorer.)