The Department of Public Utilities provides water, wastewater systems, and solid waste services to over 90,000 customers. Some of our facilities and activities:
- Public Utilities (DPU) provides drinking water to and collects wastewater from residential, commercial, and industrial customers
- Refuse collection service
- Recycling, curbside and drop-off
If you have a water or sewer emergency between the hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm, please call us at (804) 501-4275 or fill out the online form for water main or water meter leaks.
If you have a water or sewer emergency after 4:30 pm, please call us at (804) 501-5025. Please do not fill out the online form as this may not be received until the next business day.
Voluntary Water Conservation Measures Announced
Due to ongoing low water levels in the James River, Henrico County is joining the city of Richmond and Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover and Powhatan counties to implement voluntary water conservation measures, effective Tuesday, Oct. 10.
As part of the measures, residents are asked to water their home lawns according to the following schedule:
· Monday: No watering
· Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Odd-numbered addresses
· Wednesday, Friday, Sunday: Even-numbered addresses
For more information, please view our FAQ's.