3401 Pump Road
This landmark is near Short Pump Park.
c. 1902. Henrico County Historic Preservation Program. HP 8.
Deep Run School was constructed in 1902 at a cost of $700. The original location of the school was the intersection of Three Chopt and Cox Roads. The two-room school offered instruction to children ages five to seventeen. The school served white students from area households where the families earned a living as farmers or coal miners.
1902 – Deep Run School opened to replace the Stand Spring School, which served the community through the 19th century.
1910 – 43 students attended the school; 26 in the lower grades and 17 in the 5th-7th grade classroom
1911 – The school closed when a larger building was constructed to accommodate more students from a greater geographic area.
1913 – The building was converted to a residence.
1996 – The former schoolhouse was moved to its present location in Short Pump Park.
1998 – Deep Run Schoolhouse museum opened to the public by appointment and for special programs.