The corner of Courtney Road and Mountain Road
Glen Allen, VA
The Courtney Road Service
Station is a prototype of a “house with a canopy” which originated in 1916 by the
Standard Oil of Ohio for the transportation industry. It is the only restored early
twentieth century service station in Henrico County. It is an excellent example of a
service station created for the new transportation industry of cars and other vehicles.