Justin Crawford – Budget Director
The Office of Management & Budget (OMB) is responsible for preparing and managing the County’s annual fiscal plan, or budget. In addition, the Department is responsible for compiling and publishing the County’s Five Year Capital Improvement Program. The office also conducts special studies as directed by the County administration, especially where there is a revenue or expenditure impact to be measured. Specific functions of OMB include: Development of the County’s Annual Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Program.
- Monitors expenditures and revenues to ensure that the annual plan is followed and that the budget estimates are accurate.
- Provides financial management strategies for departments and agencies.
- Directs the amendment of the budget and transfer of appropriations as required.
- Publishes the Financial Trend Monitoring System, which is an evaluation of twenty-eight financial and economic indicators.
- Performs fiscal impact analysis, as required, for legislation pending in the Virginia General Assembly.
- Budget Basis
- Budget Process
- Financial Trends
E-Mail inquiries to J. Crawford at email@example.com.