Please take our brief online survey on how Henrico County communicates with you.

The survey asks for your preferences on ways to receive information about programs and services.

Rezoning and Provisional Use Permits

What is:



Zoning – Zoning provides the standards and regulations of how properties can be lawfully used and developed in the County.


Rezoning – Rezoning is a process where the Board of Supervisors approves a request to change the zoning classification of a piece of property or properties in order to develop or use the land for purposes other than what is permitted by the current zoning classification.


Provisional Use Permit (PUP) – The Provisional Use Permit (PUP) procedure provides for certain uses which are permitted in a district but which may be approved with conditions or restrictions that make them compatible with surrounding properties.


Contact Us


Physical Address
4301 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23228

(804) 501-4602

(804) 501-4379

Mailing Address
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775

Additional Contact Info  

Google Translate Icon