- Blue Public Hearing Sign?? - Did you happen to see a big blue sign with the County Seal and the words “Public Hearing”? The sign indicates that a property owner has applied for rezoning, a use permit, or a variance.
- Plan Review Comments (Planning only) - Check development (plan of development, site plan or subdivision) status.
- Plans of Development and Site Plan – Application Forms - A Plan of Development (POD) and Site Plan are detailed engineering plans for multi-family, commercial, and industrial projects that contains all of the essential details necessary to construct site improvements. The POD and Site Plan process is designed to coordinate the numerous reviews and recommendations of all applicable Henrico County, State and Federal agencies. This integrated process is managed by the Planning Department and coordinated with County and certain external agencies.
- POD, Site Plan and Subdivision Review - This is a schedule of filing deadlines and expected action dates for administrative plan reviews.
- Rezoning and Provisional Use Permit – Application Forms - The power for localities to regulate land uses, given to it by the Commonwealth, includes approval of zoning changes in the form of a rezoning and expansion of uses through the Provisional Use Permit process. The following applications are for use in the rezoning and Provisional Use Permit process. Depending on the type and other aspects of the case, not all of the forms will be needed.
- Subdivisions – Application Forms - A Subdivision plan is a detailed engineering plan for residential projects that contains all of the essential details necessary to construct site improvements. The Subdivision process is designed to coordinate the numerous reviews and recommendations of all applicable Henrico County, State and Federal agencies. For certain residential development, such as townhouse or R-5A, the review process is integrated with the Plan of Development (POD) process. This integrated process is managed by the Planning Department and coordinated with County and certain external agencies.
- Temporary Use Permit Application - Administrative review of a one-time special event or a use such as tents, fencing, trailers, stages, that will be removed at the conclusion of the event.
- Zoning Appeals Applications (Variances/Conditional Use Permits/Appeals) - The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) is appointed by the Circuit Court to provide relief from the zoning regulations in certain circumstances. The following applications may be granted based upon specific criteria found in the Code of Virginia (e.g. for variances, whether the zoning ordinance would unreasonably restrict the use of the property; for conditional use permits, whether the request is consistent with the comprehensive plan and zoning ordinance and will not a have a detrimental impact on nearby property). Extraction operations must also comply with county regulations, as well as with regulations administered by the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy. The BZA also hears appeals when a property owner believes they have been aggrieved by a decision of the Planning Director or other County official in the administration of the zoning ordinance.
- Zoning Confirmation Letter - A zoning confirmation letter is a written statement of the zoning regulations, permitted uses, and development approvals related to a parcel of land. They are frequently requested by lenders or others involved in a commercial real estate transaction who need written assurance that the property complies with all local land use regulations.