- Apply to be a Foster Parent - Foster Care is a service provided to families that are experiencing a major crisis or difficulty in parenting such as abuse, neglect, substance abuse, mental health issues, stress, and/or lack of family support.
- Fatherhood Initiative - A Male Support Group Sponsored by Henrico County
Department of Social Services
- Homelessness Prevention and Assistance - Henrico County receives a limited amount of funding from the federal government to assist homeless individuals and families and persons in imminent danger of becoming homeless. Henrico County has partnered with several non-profit organizations to provide assistance with rapid rehousing, shelter, case management and/or assistance with eviction prevention. Persons seeking assistance should contact the Homeless Crisis Line at (804) 972-0813. In limited situations, assistance may also be available through the Henrico Department of Social Services’ Foster Care Prevention Services, which can be reached at (804) 501-5294.
- Medicaid - A jointly funded, Federal-State health insurance program for low-income and needy people. It covers children, the aged, blind, and/or disabled and other people who are eligible to receive federally assisted income maintenance payments.
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) - SNAP offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) - A program that provides cash assistance and supportive services to assist families with children under age 18, helping them achieve economic self-sufficiency.
- Long Term/Personal Care Assessment Services - If you or someone in your family needs nursing facility care or personal care in the home and cannot afford the cost, you may be eligible for to have this service covered by Medicaid. You can apply for Medicaid online or at your local Department of Social Services.