The Department of Social Services is open to the public. Appointments are encouraged, but not required, to meet with customer service or to issue emergency EBT replacement cards. To schedule a Customer Service appointment, please call 804-501-4001 and select option 2. For other appointments, please contact your worker. All clients entering either building must complete a health screening and wear a mask. The department remains operational with reduced staff present in the office and with staff working remotely.
The Department of Social Services provides financial assistance and social services programs that effectively assist individuals and families to meet their basic human needs, increase their capacity to function independently, and to provide protection for abused and neglected children, and aged and disabled adults. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Henrico county citizens by assisting them in meeting their essential human needs and encouraging their self sufficiency.
How to Apply
- If you want to first find out what you might be able to receive, select the AM I ELIGIBLE? link on the bottom of this page, https://commonhelp.virginia.gov/access/
- You can apply online through the state’s Common Help portal at https://commonhelp.virginia.gov/access/
- Or, apply by calling the Call Center at 833-SCALLVA
- You may also request an application be mailed to you or pick up one at either of our offices. Applications for all programs are also available on the state website (Select the Assistance tab to find the program you are interested in applying for and the applicable forms will be listed underneath). Paper applications are accepted by fax at (804) 501-4006, by mail (West End mailing address) or in person at either office.
- For pending applications or renewals, your verifications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can place verifications in the DSS drop box at the front of the building in the West End and the Finance drop box in the East End.
If you have questions about P-EBT, please follow this link www.pebtva.com or call (804) 726-7000. P-EBT is administered by the State and the local office may not be able to answer your questions or concerns.
8600 Dixon Powers Dr.
Henrico, VA 23228
East End (Benefit Programs only)
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
Mail for both offices
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775
After 4:00pm, Weekends and Holidays
Adult Abuse & Neglect: (888) 832-3858
Child Abuse & Neglect: (800) 552-7096