We serve people experiencing the effects of or at risk for mental illness, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders and children with developmental delay. Henrico Area Mental Health & Developmental Services promotes dignity, recovery and self-sufficiency in the lives of the people we serve.
We offer Same Day Access to services, please contact our Access Services Call Center at (804) 727-8515 for more information.
In the event of a mental health or substance use crisis, our Emergency Services personnel are available 24/7. Please call (804) 727-8484.
You can now pay for services on-line!
Click here: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/hnro
Our agency is proud to be a member of the Henrico Heroin Task Force. The task force was developed top stop opiate overdose and death in our community and to promote treatment for the citizens who are affected by this epidemic.
Please visit our prevention website at henricoprevention.org
Henrico Area Mental Health & Developmental Services: Celebrating Fifty Years of Service
To Request Services:
New Requests for Mental Health and Substance Use Services:
- Same Day Access to services is available at our East Center and Woodman Road Offices. Individuals requesting services are encouraged to walk in to the office with a photo ID, copy of insurance card if the individual has insurance, or proof of income if the individual is uninsured.
- Same Day Access is available: Monday through Wednesday: 7:30 to 3:00pm, Thursdays: 7:30 to 5:30 pm. Friday: 7:30 to 11:00 am.
Henrico County Intake (804) 727-8515 Emergency (804) 727-8484 Charles City/New Kent Counties Intake (804) 727-8515 Emergency 1-877-264-8484 TTY (804) 727-8496
Dealing with Traumatic Events
We would like to share a few links of useful information that may help you cope with traumatic events. Coping with Disasters and Traumatic Events
Forms for New Clients
- Agency Orientation Checklist
- Authorization for Disclosing and or Requesting Health Info
- Client Admission – Same Day Access
- Client Orientation Handbook
- Client Request to Access Records
- E-Mail Consent
- Ethics Brochure
- Financial Agreement
- Hepatitis B General Information
- Hepatitis C & Injection Drug Use
- Human Rights Brochure
- Privacy Notice
- Telehealth Informed Consent
- Tuberculosis Fact Sheet
Fees are based on the cost of delivering each service. A sliding scale, based on family income and number of dependents, allow the agency to make a payment adjustment. Fees may be covered by Medicaid, Medicare, or other third-party insurance. No one is denied service due to an inability to pay. Henrico Area Mental Health & Developmental Services does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, religion, race, handicap, or national origin.