Drop-off Recycling Centers
The County maintains 12 recycling centers throughout Henrico that allow residents to bring glass bottles and jars, metal cans and foil products, #1 or #2 plastic bottles, newspapers, and mixed paper. These centers are located at many of the County’s fire stations and other locations described below.
View a map of locations of all the Drop-off Recycling Centers.
- Charles City Road Public Use Area, 2075 Charles City Rd.
- Springfield Road Public Use Area, 10600 Ford’s Country Lane
- Cultural Arts Center, 2880 Mountain Road
- Shane Road Recycling Center, 1412 Shane Road
- Short Pump Park – 3329 Pump Road
- Fire Station #1, 110 E. Azalea Avenue
- Fire Station #2, 2400 Darbytown Road
- Fire Station #4, 8112 Strath Road
- Fire Station #7, 2701 E. Laburnum Avenue
- Fire Station #11, 1754 Hungary Road
- Fire Station #13, 12491 Church Road
- Fire Station #14, 5210 Technology Boulevard
Drop-Off Recycling Center Rules
- Recycle only newspaper, white paper, junk mail, cardboard, and beverage containers at these facilities.
- Please collapse and flatten all cardboard boxes and place them in the containers so they do not clog up the container openings. This allows patrons room for their recycling.
- Place all recyclables in the proper container.
- Do not leave anything (recyclables, refuse, etc.) on the ground. This causes blowing litter and is a problem for our neighbors.
- We do not accept styrofoam, foam packing materials, or foam peanuts. Please place these packing materials in your household trash and dispose of them as you do your other refuse.
- These facilities are for recycling only and not for disposal of trash. This hurts our recycling program and costs us all money. Please dispose of your refuse properly.
- Taking materials that are dropped off for recycling is a violation of the county code.