To maintain a highly qualified, professional complement, Henrico Police Division prides itself on employing individuals of the highest caliber – those who exceed our stringent standards. This ensures the Division exemplifies integrity, character and respect in the service to the citizens of Henrico County.
- Must be 21 years of age by academy start date.
- High School Graduate/GED.
- Must possess a valid Virginia Operator’s License by date of hire.
- Must be a United States Citizen to participate in applicant process.
- Vision minimum 20/100 correctable to 20/40 in both eyes.
- Must be able to pass a series of color blindness tests.
No application for the position of POLICE OFFICER will be considered if there is an indication of any of the following:
- Conviction of any felony.Illegal use of any Schedule I, II, or III drugs.
- Criminal activity, which is of a serious nature, reflects moral turpitude, or indicates a tendency to disregard the law.
- Conviction of a domestic assault.
- No prolonged use or recent use of Marijuana (within 24 month period).
- An extensive history of traffic violations (accumulation of no more than 6 penalty points within the past 12 months).
- Continual or unexplained poor financial responsibilities.
Also, an applicant may be eliminated from further consideration, on a case by case basis, for any of the following reasons:
- Unlawful use of anabolic steroids.
- Conviction of DUI or DUI-related offense.
- Substance abuse (legal or illegal substances).
- Commission of undetected crimes of a serious or repetitive nature.
- Any behavior that would bring discredit to the Henrico County Police Division.
Although individuals with minimum qualifications may apply, only those with the greatest job related experience, education, qualifications, and brightest background history will be selected.