- Effective November 2022, we will resume weekly in-person visitation at the following time: Sunday 1:00PM-2:00PM (NEW). Additional day TBD.
- Visitation will still be set up to accommodate social distancing (using chairs, tables and/or partitions).
- Family members will be allowed to embrace their loved ones at the beginning of visitation and at the conclusion of visitation.
During the allotted time of visitation, social distancing must be maintained. Any violation will lead to immediate response from staff up to termination of the visits. Future visits may be suspended pending a meeting with the Superintendent.
- If you feel unwell, display any symptoms, or are exposed to a positive COVID-19 case within five days leading up to the visitation, please do not come.
- If you plan to attend visitation, masks are required to be worn in the facility. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for your use during this time.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early to the start of the scheduled visit for the check-in process. Our lobby can accommodate up to six (6) people at on time.
- If your child is under quarantine, they will be unable to participate in visitation until the quarantine has been lifted. You will be notified in advance if that is the case, however, if you are unsure please call our control room at 804-501-4946.
- If you are denied entry because you were not cleared during the screening, you will be given the opportunity to write a brief message to be delivered to your child.
- You will be required to submit to a standard search using a metal detector and emptying pockets. A HJDH staff member will search for any unauthorized items or contraband. You can secure your keys and phones in a secure lock box provided. Larger items should be left at home or in your vehicle.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use before entering the visitation area, and upon your departure.
- Any visitor who refuses to adhere to the expectations above will be denied entrance.
NOTE: Any resident who does not receive a visitor during visitation will be allowed to make a phone call to their parent/guardian during that day.
If you have any questions, please contact the detention home control room at 804-501-4946.
We encourage the other family members and friends to correspond to the child by writing letters. The mailing address of Henrico’s Juvenile Detention Home is:
Henrico Juvenile Detention Home
P. O. Box 90775
Richmond, VA 23273-0775