Please contact the Juvenile Detention Home at (804) 501-4946 concerning in-person visitation UFN.
You may visit your child from 3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. each Sunday and from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Only the parents or legal guardians may visit at this time. In certain circumstances, you may visit during the week from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. if approved.
The following are the visiting regulations for the County of Henrico Juvenile Detention Home that govern parents and/or legal guardians.
In order to maintain a safe environment for our children and staff, all visitors will be scanned prior to entering the visitation area. We ask that all personal items be secured prior to entering this facility. We also ask that you adhere to the following dress code when entering the detention home to visit:
- Midriffs and stomach are to be covered at all times.
- No halter-tops or muscle shirts are to be worn.
- Backs are to be covered at all times.
- No miniskirts or short-shorts allowed.
- With religious and medical exceptions, no hats, headbands or handkerchiefs may be worn.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No exposed underwear.
- Pants must be worn at the waist and may not be below the waist even if covered by a shirt.
- No clothing with obscene or vulgar wording or pictures.
Any violation of the dress code may result in your visit being denied.
OTHER IMPORTANT REGULATIONS:
- When visiting, do not give the children anything. All items you bring (money, letters, literature, clothes, etc.) must be given to a detention worker on duty.
- There is to be no eating, drinking, chewing gum, however, you may leave money for the child to spend at “store time” which is once daily. Children may buy candy, nabs, and soft drinks during store time.
- You may bring comic books, magazines, or paperback books that are not offensive in nature.
- Youngsters are allowed to wear their own tennis shoes. Also, you may bring clothing for them to wear upon release.
- If you come to visit your child with alcohol on your breath, or intoxicated in any manner, you will be denied admittance.
- If you become argumentative or hostile toward the staff or your visit is upsetting to your child, you will be asked to leave.
- No pagers or cell phones are allowed in the visitation area.
- No personal keys will be allowed in the visitation area, a lock box will be available for you to use while you visit.
Unfortunately, rules limit the number of visitors a child may receive. We encourage you, other family members, and friends to write letters to the child. The mailing address is Juvenile Detention Home, P. O. Box 90775, Richmond, Va. 23273-0775.
Special Visitation – Adult visitors other than parent or legal guardian are subject to approval of the probation officer in concurrence with the detention home administration. The probation officer must accompany the visitor in this case.
This facility will not accept prescription medication that is not labeled correctly with the juvenile’s name, times and dosage to be given. You must bring in the current medicine and/or container that have been labeled by a doctor or pharmacy. Sample medication packages and/or medicine not properly labeled will not be accepted.
SUBJECT: GRIEVANCE FORMS
This facility provides access to grievance forms for your son/daughter and parents twenty-four hours a day. They are available at the receptionist window and in the multi-purpose room. The grievance forms are only to be used to grieve actions taken within the Henrico Juvenile Detention Home. They are not intended for use outside of this facility.
If you have any questions concerning these regulations, any concerns or issues you would like to report or you would like more information please feel free to inquire of the staff on duty or call the administrative office Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 501-4946.