Continuance Request JDR Court 2018INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONTINUANCE REQUEST FORM
- This Continuance Request JDR Court 2018 must be completed in its entirety.
- It is the policy of this court that all parties must sign the form unless a valid protective order from any jurisdiction is in effect.
- All continuance requests should be submitted as early as possible, preferably no later than 72 hours prior to the court date
- Submit the fully completed and signed form to the Clerk’s Office via fax (804-501-4756), mail (P.O. Box 90775, Henrico, Virginia 23273), or in person (between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm).
- If approved, the Clerk’s Office will attempt to notify all parties involved in the case.
- Each party is responsible for notifying witnesses and requesting that their witnesses be re-summonsed. A request for witness subpoena form must be completed and returned to the Clerk’s Office. The Clerk’s Office will not summons anyone without a completed request submitted on a subpoena request form.
Only the judge may grant a continuance and excuse your appearance. Unless you are notified that your continuance has been granted you must appear on the date and time originally scheduled.