Information and Referral Services:
- Henrico County Emergency Financial Assistance and Energy Assistance
- Housing Assistance
- Utility Resource Guide
- Food Pantry Resource Guide
- The F.R.E.E. Foundation
F.R.E.E. collects, sanitizes, repairs and gifts donated mobility equipment to uninsured and underinsured adults in Virginia.
- Eastern Henrico FISH Inc. runs an Emergency Help program. Several services are available. You can only get rent help at most once every six months. You need to be able to document your hardship/emergency, and even food, clothes, or other aid may be offered too. For assistance, contact (804) 257-7730.
- The Capital Area Agency on Aging Richmond – Senior Connections
Persons who are age 60 or older who are facing temporary financial crisis may qualify for limited financial assistance. Contact (804) 343-3000.
- Central Virginia Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid provides low and moderate income people with free legal assistance and representation in civil matters. They handle cases involving foreclosure, housing, evictions, divorce, custody, spousal, adoptions, consumer debt and counseling, public benefits/welfare, food stamps, government programs such as Medicaid, debt collectors, social security, elderly, unemployment compensation, rights of the handicapped and wills. For help, contact (804) 648-1012 or (800) 868-1012.
Support and Assistance Programs