Recent News Releases
Feb. 9, 2016
CONTACT: Barry R. Lawrence, Assistant to the County Manager for Board Affairs
PHONE: (804) 501-4318
Henrico supervisors, deputy county managers appointed to VACo committees
All five members of Henrico County’s Board of Supervisors and three of its deputy county managers will serve on committees of the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) during 2016.
Members of the board received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee (vice chair) and Resolutions Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Brookland District Supervisor Richard W. Glover, Economic Development and Planning Steering Committee;
- Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Education Steering Committee;
- Three Chopt District Supervisor Thomas M. Branin, Finance Steering Committee; and
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, General Government Steering Committee. She also represents Region 3 on the VACo Board of Directors.
Administration officials who received appointments are:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration Joseph P. Casey, Finance Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment and Agriculture Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Services Jane D. Crawley, Health and Human Resources Steering Committee.
VACo’s 11 committees review legislative requests from member counties, recommend an annual legislative program and provide policy guidance to VACo staff. The association represents local governments at the state and federal levels and provides a resource network for planning and implementing ideas and technologies
Feb. 4, 2016
CONTACT: Lt. Shawn M. Sears, Animal Protection Unit, Henrico County Police Division
PHONE: (804) 727-8801
Henrico to offer rabies vaccinations for pets
The Henrico County Police Division will provide rabies vaccines for dogs and cats from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Feb. 20 at the Henrico County Government Center, 4301 E. Parham Road.
Pet owners must register and pay at the cashier’s office in the Administration Building before seeing a veterinarian on the first level of the adjacent parking deck.
Each vaccine costs $10 and must be paid in cash. A rabies tag and certificate of inoculation are included. Pets from all localities are welcome. Cats must be in carriers.
Under Virginia law, dogs and cats 4 months of age and older must be vaccinated for rabies.
Henrico dog licenses will be available for $10, for a one-year license, and $15, for a three-year license. Officers will be available to discuss license options and vaccination requirements.
For information, call the Animal Protection Unit at (804) 727-8801.