The work release program allows an individual to go to work each day and report back to the jail after work. The work release status granted by the court is a privilege, and any violation will result in removal from the program. Each participant must:
- Have a full time job (no temporary services allowed).
- Work a minimum of 36 hours each week, and not deviate from an established schedule in any way.
- Have at least one day off each week.
- Not work more than 12 hours per day (including travel time).
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be able to pay $10.00 per day for each day released for work.
Any violation of the Work Release Programs rules and regulations is a violation of Section 53.1 -131 of the Code of Virginia and may result in criminal charges being lodged against an individual.
Alternative Sentencing staff can be reached during normal business hours 8-4:30 M-F @ (804) 501-4576.
E-mail your questions to the Sheriff’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.