You Can Make A Difference
The Election Page/Election Official Program is designed to empower young Virginians to learn about the Election process.
- Become active participants in the Henrico County electoral process
- Learn more about voting and how your political system works
- Increase your knowledge of the election process
- Serve the citizens in your community
- And earn valuable community service hours while doing it!
This is your future; be part of it!
High School Students
The Henrico County Electoral Board needs you! We have a great opportunity for young adults to serve their community. High School Students between the ages of 16 & 18 can work at the upcoming election.
Election Pages: Community Service Position
You must be under 18 years of age but at least 16 years of age by Election day. All Pages work under the supervision of the Chief Officer and must have parental consent to work at the polls.
Duties Include: assist with opening the polls on Election day, distribute voting guide pamphlets, open doors for the elderly and disabled, and other duties as assigned by the Chief. Pages may observe and assist in the electoral process, but may not handle any voting machines, enter a voting booth or touch any ballots (Code of Virginia Section 24.2-604).
- Teachers recommendation
- Attend two-hour training class
- Subscribe to Election Page Oath
- Work minimum of 7 hours on Election Day.