The extension of Woodman Road is designated a Proposed Minor Arterial roadway on the 2026 Major Thoroughfare Plan. The project design will extend Woodman Road from Greenwood Road to Jeb Stuart Parkway. A 2-lane divided roadway will be constructed with a shared-use pedestrian path that will connect the infrastructure improvements to be built with the River Mill Development. Additional traffic control will be implemented at the intersection of Greenwood Road and Woodman Road. The project will relieve traffic congestion, and improve improve vehicular and pedestrian connectivity in the area. For more information, you can view the brochure that was available at the Citizen Information Meeting.
- Design is underway
- Right-of-way acquisition is anticipated to begin Winter 2018
- Advertisement for Construction is anticipated for Summer 2019
- Construction is anticipated to begin Fall 2019
- Project completion is anticipated for Fall 2020
Woodman Road Roundabout Video
Progress to Date
- A Citizen Information Meeting will be held on March 21, 2019, from 6:00-7:00 PM at the Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen to show how access to Winfrey Road will be maintained both during and after construction of the Woodman Road Extension and Roundabout Projects.
- A Citizen Information Meeting was held on May 9, 2018 at Greenwood Elementary School to collect feedback on the roundabout included in this project.
- There was a Citizen Information Meeting held on October 3, 2017 to present information and collect feedback for this project.