The County will construct a roundabout at the intersection of Woodman Road and Greenwood Road. The project will relieve traffic congestion and improve vehicular and pedestrian connectivity in the area.
Woodman Road will be extended by others from Greenwood Road to J. E. B. Stuart Parkway. A 2-lane roadway will be constructed with a shared use path.
- Design is complete
- Construction began March 17, 2020
- Project completion is anticipated for August 2021
Woodman Road Roundabout Video
Progress to Date
- A Citizen Information Meeting was held on March 21, 2019, from 6:00-7:00 PM at the Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen to show how access to Winfrey Road will be maintained both during and after construction of the Woodman Road Extension and Roundabout Projects.
- A Citizen Information Meeting was held on May 9, 2018 at Greenwood Elementary School to collect feedback on the roundabout included in this project.
- There was a Citizen Information Meeting held on October 3, 2017 to present information and collect feedback for this project.