Project Status: Underway - Design
Estimated Cost: $29.8 million
Start Date: November 2024
Estimated End Date: October 2026
Magisterial District: Fairfield
The County of Henrico will be constructing approximately 3.2 miles of a 12-foot-wide asphalt multi-use trail from the intersection of Parham Road and Cleveland Street to the new Woodman Road Extension. This work will be a part of The Fall Line Trail, a 43-mile north-south paved trail that will connect Ashland to Petersburg. Additional design features for the Longdale Phase may include but are not limited to:
· Design currently underway.
· Right-of-way acquisition is anticipated to begin in November 2023.
· Utility relocation is anticipated to begin December 2023.
· Advertisement for construction is anticipated in October 2024.
· Construction is anticipated to begin in November 2024.
· Project completion is anticipated in October 2026.
Progress to Date
- A public hearing was held on September 14, 2022, at the Longdale Elementary School between 5:00 and 6:30 pm. A virtual presentation is posted below.
- Please see the additional project and display links for more information.